Skit – New Look
Fluffy jumper- New Look
Shoes – Primark
Black Tee – Dotti
Last weekend I caught up with friend for the classic Sunday brunch, it was a typical windy and cold day in Auckland but I really liked this outfit.
Most of this outfit is from the UK (sorry!) but I’m sure similar skirts will be around in the NZ high street stores, if not at the moment, definitely some time soon. New Look and Primark were one of my favourite UK stores, both of them have some really affordable fashion and so much variety. I slightly prefer New Look as I think they had a lot more of ‘my style’, seriously, I could of bought the whole store! It was very hard to say no.
I think the classic monochrome theme to this outfit is so versatile, just through on some heels and you can take it from day to night!
This is my latest outfit inspiration. After buying some jellies recently I have been thinking about how to style them, this is just one of the many outfits that I need in my life!
If you are wondering how to achieve this look (and are from New Zealand) there are jellies almost identical to these in Wildpair
and a very similar skater dress in Cotton On
. In terms of the denim jacket, I haven’t spied one quite as good as this (it’s from H&M), but I’m on the look out! The red lipstick featured here is from Rimmel so Farmers will definitely have you sorted!
What do you think of this outfit?
This weekend’s wish list is all about looking to the new season (spring!) and having a little relaxation and indulgence.
Wishing I was wearing…
Floral Print trousers from ASOS. I spotted these on llymlrs’s blog the other day and I feel in love. Luckily for me they are from ASOS, so I am actually able to buy them. At $85 they are not too expensive and would be great for spring /summer. I’d pair them with plain white tee and maybe a leather jacket if needed. Chunky black heels would work well too!
Jellies from Rubi Shoes. The fact that things that I wore as a kid are coming back in fashion is a little scary but, I loved jellies back in the day and I still love them now! These black jellies are only $15, an absolute score in my opinion! I almost bought them last night but have decided to wait until the weather is a little warmer, although wearing them with frilly socks is a big trend at the moment!
Wishing I was reading…
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I saw the movie a couple of months ago and I fell in love to say the least! The fashion, the parties, the music and the storyline – I loved it all. Plus, it has Leo in it, need I say more? I wanted to read the book before the movie came out but never got the chance to, since I am on my mid-semester break I think this will be the next book I read. How cool is this cover? Not sure if I’ll find that one at Whitcoulls..
Wishing I was eating…
Cronots from Takapuna Beach Cafe. If you haven’t heard about cronots then go do some googling pronto. Mixed between a croissant and a doughnut, cronuts are the next cupcake. These ones are called cronots by they are pretty much the same thing. Jo raved about them in her Hot Five on nzgirl a couple of weeks ago and I have been craving one ever since! There is only one place in Auckland that makes them, and I can’t wait to go there!
What’s on your wish list at the moment? Have a good weekend!
Here is a few of the items that I have bought over the last few weeks!
001. Printed Shirt – Cotton on ($40). I fell in love with the print and just had to buy it. It looks great with black jeans and tucked in to skirts. I also really like that you don’t have to worry about wearing anything underneath as most of my other blouse’s are see-through.
002. Lace socks – Glassons ($7). Have been wanting to get some lace socks for so long and these are such a great deal. There are lots of other colours too so check them out.
003. Chelsea Boots – Boohoo ($75). Another item that I have been wanting to buy for while. These are perfect for winter and are reasonably comfy once your sort of ‘break them in.’ I’m loving them with turned up jeans/pants and leggings paired with the lace socks!
004. Draped Jogger Pants– Dotti ($50). Probably my favourite purchase- as soon as I saw them I fell in love. I’ve really got in to the monochrome trend and these are a perfect edition. I wore them out to town last week paired with some bright green heels and a white shirt. On the website they are made them look really casual but I would definitely dress them up more- but thats just me.
005. Striped Long Sleeved Top- Dotti ($26). This is just a good casual staple item for your wardrobe. It goes with almost anything and I really like stripes at the moment!
006. Black Chain Collar Necklace – Lovisa ($30). As I work at Lovisa, I’m always buying something new to add to my huge collection and I think this is a really great piece that is very versatile. Because it is black it can be worn with lots of different looks without being too OTT.
What are your picks for autumn this year?